ACTIVATE exercises are designed to engage the senses and encourage brain activation. Activate is divided into categories specific to types of demands that children experience throughout the school day such as transitioning, holding their bodies still, looking/attending, listening, exploring materials, and writing/drawing.
- Move, Learn, Connect: Use these exercises any time throughout the day to support overall body control critical to the development of reading, writing, problem-solving, and complex planning/sequencing.
- Sit Up, Listen, Engage: Use these exercises as a warm-ups to facilitate active listening prior to lecture-style teaching and group learning.
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go: Use these exercises prior to transitions to support spatial awareness and navigation of the environment.
- Sit Up, Draw, Create: Use these exercises as warm-ups to support critical visual and motor skills for writing and drawing.
- Vision Boost: Add these to any ACTIVATE exercise to enhance visual skills for attention, reading and writing.