1 or more navel oranges
Pencil or other child safe object to poke holes in orange
Ribbon if desired
1. Draw lines on oranges to create pattern as desired
2. Push small holes into orange spaced appropriately along lines or for children who need help judging space, use marker dots rather than lines to denote spots to punch holes
3. Push 1 clove into each hole
4. If using ribbons, tie 4 longer ribbons in a knot at one end. Place the orange in center of the knot, bringing ribbon around on 4 sides and tying at the top to secure. Add additional ribbon to use as hanger.
5. If not using ribbons display in a decorative bowl or vase. Multiple Clove Orange Pomanders look lovely arranged in a bowl as a centerpiece.
Improves eye hand coordination
Promotes use of pincer grasp
Builds finger strengthen in combination with fine motor control
Promotes wrist stability and strengthening for fine motor tasks